TAMBO WINE AND YOUR PRIVACY
Information you give us
You may provide us with information about yourself when corresponding with us or when using our websites. Examples include:
- when you buy goods or services from us online, over the phone or in person;
- when you enter a promotion or competition conducted by us (including via our websites or through social media sites);
- when you register to use one of our websites or when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our websites; or
- when you contact us to request information about our company (including about our brands, our products, shares in our company or employment opportunities).
The information you give us may include, amongst other things, your name, age, address, email address and phone number, financial and payment card information.
Storage of Collected Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can email us at email@example.com
Use of Collection Information
Any details collected from Tambo Wine customers are required in order to provide you with our products and/or services, and a high level of customer service. Correspondence is recorded in order to provide service references, and to assist in our staff development
- technical information such as your computer’s IP address and your browser type; and
- information about your visit such as the products you viewed or searched for, the length of your visit and the pages that you visited.
Cookies help us gather and store information about visitors to our website. They help our website remember what you chose on previous pages (to avoid having to re-enter information) and can help us to identify you as a unique visitor, tailor content based on past visitation and provide you with an optimised experience. Our cookies typically do not gather personally identifiable information.
Our use of your information
Generally, information which you give to us is used to provide you with a product or service which you have requested from us (for example, if you have purchased wine from us).
We will not use your information to market to you unless we have your implied or express consent. For example, if you purchased wine from us (or registered to do so), enquired about our products or entered a promotion in relation to our products, we may imply your consent to receive marketing materials about those products, or other products or brands which we think you may be interested in. If you receive electronic communications from us, we will always provide you with an opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving further information from us.
We may also use the information we collect from you when you use our websites (such as the areas of a website accessed by you and your IP address) to:
- administer our websites and to try and keep our websites safe and secure;
- help us gain a better understanding of your likes and dislikes so to improve our websites and the services we offer;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our websites; and
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our websites about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Our disclosure of your information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except:
- with your consent;
- where we are required or authorised by law to do so, for example to law enforcement agencies;
- where third parties appointed by us require access to personal information held by us to perform services (in which case we require these contractors to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services); or
- to our related companies, in accordance with the law.
Our website may sometimes contain links to other websites. With the exception of other sites owned by us, we do not control the privacy practices of sites reached through links from our websites. If you have any questions about the privacy practices of those websites then you should contact the relevant companies directly.
Access to your information
You have the right to access and modify the personal information we hold about you. You can access and change your personal information by contacting us, or if applicable, via the website where you entered your personal information. We encourage you to contact us in order to keep your personal information up to date.
We will update your information within the time specified by the applicable law and may, if permitted by law, charge an appropriate fee to cover our costs of responding to your request.
We take appropriate measures to keep your personal information secure. We have implemented appropriate physical and electronic procedures to protect the personal information we collect. If you have an account with us, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account details including your password, and are responsible for any activity under your account. We will not be responsible for any loss arising from your failure to comply with this obligation
Due to its nature, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will protect your personal data in accordance with this policy, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Tambo Wine Security Policy
Tambo Wine uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet.
All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Tambo Wine or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further
protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Tambo Wine.
For more information about eWAY and online credit card payments, please visit www.eWAY.com.au
Information posted by you online
If you post information on one of our websites (such as bulletin boards), it will generally be accessible to others. We do not recommend you post personal information on public areas of our websites. Such personal information is not covered by this policy.
If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of personal information, or you wish to make a complaint in relation to our privacy practices, please contact us here